The Biden Administration unleashed a humanitarian and security crisis at the southern border by refusing to enforce the law. These reckless policies put the American people last and the Mexican
cartels and human traffickers first. The Biden Administration wrongly defines “border security” as additional personnel and resources to process migrants out of custody and into American communities more quickly. The House Republicans have rejected this flawed approach and have offered a bill that will solve the crisis instead of further facilitating it.
Here are the top America First solutions in H.R. 2, the Secure the Border Act of 2023
SECURES THE BORDER
- Mandates Detention or Remain in Mexico Policy to prevent economic migrants and traffickers from exploiting the asylum system and being released into American communities.
- Establishes Title 42-like Authority to provide the Department of Homeland Security additional tools to secure the border and keep American communities safe.
- Resumes Border Wall System Construction because walls work, and the Biden Administration stopped all construction despite pleas from Border Patrol agents.
ENDS HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- Discourages Asylum Fraud by making illegal aliens who passed through multiple countries without seeking humanitarian relief ineligible for asylum in the U.S.
- Raises the Credible Fear Standard because the current standard is easily exploited by dubious claims that overwhelm the immigration court system.
- Reinforces Longstanding Asylum Ineligibility for aliens who could safely resettle in another part of their home country or were firmly resettled in a third country.
- Protects Vulnerable Migrant Children from traffickers and cartels by quickly reuniting all unaccompanied alien children with their families back in their home countries.
- Keeps Migrant Families Together during removal proceedings and ends the exploitative practice of human traffickers “recycling” migrant kids multiple times through fake family units.
DEFEATS THE CARTELS
- Forces the Administration to Take the Mexican Cartels Seriously by requiring an examination on whether to designate the cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations.
- Ends Parole Abuse by returning it to the originally intended narrow use for only “urgent humanitarian reasons” or “significant public benefit.”
- Mandates E-Verify to cut off the job magnet